Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's a baby boy

Yesterday I went to my doctors appointment where we found out that our little bundle is going to be a boy. We are very excited to welcome him in our home, well apartment. We already have his name picked out, Marcus Antonio Melendez. He is named after Marcus Aurelius, because he was an outstanding leader, and of course Alejandro since they will share the same middle name. I have began reading him his first book, Julius Caesar because I want him to learn about the ways of power politics early on :)

I have been busy figuring out what we need to buy and of course a car seat, stroller, and carrier are a definite must, but the options are just so overwhelming!! While I was researching these items I came across a crib sell, now I was not planning on buying a crib just yet I wanted to buy it when we were in California but I fell in love and it was an amazing price so yes he does have his own bed. I have decided to decorate his room in monkey's because I can only imagine how this child is going to be considering it is a Hano Jr.

The next task at hand is learning Spanish, oh boy I am nervous but motivated. Hano is getting me the Rosetta Stone so I hope to have a good grasp on it within a year. Soon that will be all Hano will speak to me forcing me to learn. Learning Spanish, doing homework, preparing to move with a newborn, and preparing for baby is going to make for a busy year. I say year because school will not stop and I am sure the Spanish lessons will still be in play and by that time the baby will be here. I have decided that I am going to enjoy my pregnancy minus all of the pains and loss of energy because I am going to assume they are much easier to take care of in there then out here.

All in all things are going great, I am very excited to meet my little guy. He is getting a great extended family who are all equally excited to meet him and he already has 7 cousins, 4 of which are girls so I will need to keep them from dressing up my boy in frilly things;) (For my family who are wondering where I get the number 7 instead of 5, well are good friends Adam and Fabione are family to us and there two little ones will always be considered primas to our kids, so no I am not going that dumb).

No comments: